Remote Workshop • April 22nd • 4 Hours
The web is awesome and everyone should be able to enjoy it.
Hi there, I'm Sandrina Pereira and I believe that making the web accessible is our duty as web developers.
Because of the current events 🦠 I decided to make a remote version of my workshop for the first time ever!
This workshop will be full of little big exercises. We will explore every common accessibility no-nos and how to make them work properly for everyone using a mouse or a keyboard. Additionally, I will show you how to use a screen reader, and show you that there's no reason to be afraid of using it!
By the end of the workshop, you will:
- Understand why web accessibility matters;
- Know how to build accessible web pages;
- Be able to identify accessibility issues;
- Know how to use accessibility tools;
- Find out that building accessible websites isn’t as hard as it sounds
- Accessibility Overview: guidelines and myths;
- Common accessibility no-nos;
- Semantic markup;
- Keyboard navigation;
- Screen readers;
- ARIA attributes;
- Accessibility debugging tools;
- Whatever question you have!
- A modern browser installed: Chrome or Firefox are recommended;
- Have Zoom installed for the video call;
- Be willing to learn something different!