Web Accessibility Fundamentals
Remote Workshop • 4 Hours
The web is awesome and everyone should be able to enjoy it.
Hi there, I'm Sandrina Pereira and I believe that making the web accessible is our duty as web developers.
This workshop will be packed with little big discoveries! We will explore every common accessibility no-nos and how to make them inclusive for as many people as possible using a mouse or a keyboard.
We'll cover multiple design patterns and development techniques that you can apply in your own projects right away.
Additional, you'll learn how to use a screen reader, and I'll show you that there's no reason to be afraid of using it!
By the end of the workshop, you will:
- Understand why web accessibility matters;
- Be able to identify accessibility issues;
- Know how to build accessible web pages;
- Know how to use accessibility tools;
- Find out that building inclusive websites isn’t as hard as it sounds
- Accessibility Overview: guidelines and myths;
- Common accessibility no-nos;
- Semantic markup;
- Keyboard navigation;
- Screen readers;
- ARIA attributes;
- Accessibility debugging tools;
- Whatever question you have!
- A modern browser installed: Chrome or Firefox are recommended;
- Have good internet connection for the video call;
- Be willing to learn something different!