Remote Workshop • 8-12 Hours
Using Jest and React Testing Library
Hi there, I'm Sandrina Pereira and I enjoy refactoring code with the confidence of not breaking my apps.
The workshop is packed with real-world examples where we'll cover multiple testing patterns and techniques. You'll be ready to apply the new techniques to pretty much any testing tool or JS application project right away.
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Recognise the importance of testing frameworks;
- Distinguish different types of tests and when to use each one;
- Write effective unit tests to pure modules;
- Write readable and consistent test descriptions;
- Test modules integrated with external APIs;
- Identify when a party dependency needs to be mocked and how to do it;
- Test simple React components;
- Test complex React components that depend on context or hooks;
- Know what code coverage is and how to properly use it;
- Level up your testings skills proficiency regardless of the tools used;
- Deliver code with confidence, free from critical bugs;
- All of this, using Jest and Testing Library ecosystems
- Testing types
- TDD - Test Driven Development
- BDD - Behavior Driven Development
- Code coverage
- Testing configurations
- Async tests
- Snapshot testing
- Whatever question you have!
- A computer with NodeJS and Git installed.
- Have good internet connection for the video call;
- Be willing to learn something different!
The content will be explained with beginners in mind. Even if you already have some experience, you can look at this workshop as a way to solidify your knowledge and fill any existing gap.